Back to the roots

I woke up at 6 AM to be greeted by a chilly morning and blue skies. I love the gradual transition from summer to fall in San Diego. My usual visit to the Professor's new house in PB has lately become a nice routine. Unfortunately the Aleutians are not active yet and the Southern Hemis are progressively falling to sleep. Knee-high waves were forecasted for Saturday and Sunday. I dusted off my old 9-footer, which I have not used in ages. I drove to Mission Blvd. and parked close to Kingston Court. I thought that a session at 3363 OFW could have been fun , just for old times' sake... I felt surprisingly comfortable on the longboard I have not used in so long...the board turned out to be a nice fit for those miniature A-frames breaking on well placed sandbars. The classic view of PB point to the north and the MB Jetty to the south brought back many memories of countless sessions with the neighbors. For a period of our lives we lived something truly special, as close as we could ever get to the Pacific Ocean.
On Saturday, as well as the following day, I enjoyed my old spot. A leashless session in uncrowded waters has been a nice reward. The Buntons shared a few waves on Sunday morning: knee to waist high waves, glassy with light off shores; for a moment I felt like I never left.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home