Saturday, October 21, 2006

Southern Exposure

The south swell has been on the radar for quite a while. We heard it was quite fun on the South Shore of Oahu for a couple of days, and there were some expectations for Southern California.
I drove down to San Diego on Friday evening but Trestles didn't show anything to be excited about. The morning after I met Travis in Solana Beach at 6:15 AM. We ended up surfing North Reef in Leucadia. The thick fog kept things under wrap for an hour and we surfed with a few guys out. We found some size, which was nice but the tide came up too fast and by 8:30 we were forced to move to South Reef: it was still firing but crowded as hell. The sun came out and glassy conditions persisted. Travis had the opportunity to try his new Marlin quad and I was on my usual 6'-10" thruster. It became more and more difficult to snatch some of the over-head set waves...too many guys consistently dropped in...we got out at 10 AM. It turned out to be a decent session after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home