Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

Mission Beach, Sunday morning.

We had great weather in San Diego for the holidays. The surf has been solid on Friday and fairly good the following days. Took my 6'3" out on Friday morning to surf the left hander shooting toward the cliffs at PB Point. Some powerful set came through early morning before the crowds spoilt the fun as usual. The board felt a bit short for the bigger sets (7-8 foot at times). Few lefts have been quite outstanding.
I paid a visit to 3363 Ocean Front Walk on Sunday morning, now just an empty lot. The surf was super fun with light off-shores and perfect peaks for quick take-offs; just a few guys out.
I took my 6'10'', although a shorter board would have been faster down the line; chest to shoulder high at best, perfect size fror MB. I had a blast.
I met with Kathy, Paul and Jaime on Friday. Took Jaime to the airport on his way back to Oregon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home