Monday, January 15, 2007

Cold Weather

Sunday morning.

I've lived in the PB area for almost 10 years and I don't remember being as cold as Sunday morning. I woke up at 6 am and walked on the backyard lawn to soon realize that it was completely frozen. I heard a crunchy noise at first and I saw broken ice under my feet!
The day turned out to be glorious :)
I paddled out at 11:30 in fairly cold water (55 F.) but greeted by a warm sun, blue skies, unbelievable glassy conditions and beautiful chest high waves. I had the first real ice-cream headache of the season when I submerged my head in a turquoise liquid wall breaking on the inside reef. I felt extremely alert. It was such an incredible feast for the senses. The low tide displayed gorgeous blue-green algae on the rocky bottom; a tiny leopard shark surfaced in the inside (the fin came out of the water and I could clearly see the dotted pattern on the back). The tide pools looked so alive...I was really glad to be part of it. Good surf made my day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home