Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year, New Swell

Another good weekend of waves! A full moon affected conditions but a solid head high swell was able to push through. I surfed at 1 pm on Saturday, hoping in better conditions on a dropping tide; unfortunately the wind started blowing pretty hard. The Cliffs has not been a good choice. The place is too sensitive to high tide conditions and there was still too much water moving around when I paddled out. I caught a couple of decent waves but nothing special. It was fairly crowded too.
I met with Travis on Sunday morning at 6 am and it turned out to be a super fun session, despite of a tide filling in quite fast. We were able to catch head high sets early on and we kept taking turns for the first hour. The water is getting cold (57 F.) but it translates in uncrowded conditions , which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home