Monday, January 29, 2007

Winter Glass

Crystal Pier. Sunday morning.
This is one of the most consistent winters I experienced in San Diego as far as wave count and weather patterns. Glassy conditions often persist for most of the day allowing me to squeeze 2 sessions a day on weekends; surfed the Cliffs on Saturday.
On Sunday I met with Patrick. We knew that a 6-foot high tide was not going to give us many options. We met at 6:30 am in PB. Beautiful dawn, straight off-shores and many close-outs.....but we were glad to reconnect after many months apart. I dropped into some head high peaks but the sandbars were not properly set to handle the tide.... it has been fun anyway.
I paddled back out around 12 pm at Subs and that was the reward I was looking for: extremely consistent, head high/overhead and really good shape. I had a blast despite the fairly crowded conditions. Long-boards were a nuisance and the late morning crowd can be frustrating at times.  Waves wrapped on the shallow reef and lined up all the way to the inside. Another liquid Sunday to be grateful for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home