Botanical Encounters
Cliffs. Saturday morning.On Saturday morning I had a late start...I was in the water by 7:30 am... I paddled out at CH. One guy out. Occasional shoulder high sets rolled through. We shared waves for about an hour. I was riding a 6'3" late 80's McCoy, which worked great for the conditions. The reef is funky out there and waves change pattern quite often. We experienced many close-outs mixed up with occasional 70-yard mind blowing rides. I luckily locked into one of those: a superb shoulder-high right hander swinging wide on the reef and unleashing with "domino perfection" to the south.
The guy I shared waves with turned out to be a passionate horticulturist with a focus on California native plants; what a dream to be able to surf and talk native plants at the same time!
We agreed to meet afterwards, I was given some seedlings of Lavatera assurgentiflora, which I'm very grateful for. That's what I call a serendipitous encounter!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home