Monday, March 19, 2007

Solana Beach

Solana Beach

Travis and I met on Saturday morning at 6:15 am with plans for PB Point. High tide was expected but we thought the swell would have overcome the problem. We were wrong! PB Point was not breaking. We decided to surf Mission Beach, but it looked horrible as well... weak, waist high at best, and semi-closed out.
We realized the swell was not hitting properly and we decided to drive up to North County.
Solana Beach was cleaner and bigger in size. We paddled out at "C.H." and it turned out to be a good choice: shoulder high at times, and fun...considering the tide and the other surf spots.
I surfed the area only once before. I liked the wave and I would enjoy to come back here again. Travis had a fantastic drop on a shoulder high peak and another sketchy take off on a previous wave. He was able to pull it off in both occasions. I caught my best wave at the end of the session. A shoulder high peak jacked up on the rocky bottom and I closed my ride with a swooping turn to avoid collision with Travis who was paddling back. Travis said I hit the final section under the lip and it looked fairly good. I felt in full control of the board, which is a positive sign :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home