Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spring Glass

Swami's

Despite the seasonal marine layer, gloomy conditions, and an early morning breeze....things turned out to be good later in the day. The Cliffs offered one of the glassiest days of the year around 11 am. Waves came through consistently, waist to chest high. Dawn patrol resulted disappointing and I almost gave up to the idea of surfing. But the urge of getting wet pushed me to give it a try, without even checking a second time. I dusted off the old long-board, drove to the usual spot to be in the water by 11:30.
It surprises me I can surf a longboard much better now than a few years ago, especially considering I use it so sporadically. It was a solid session without a leash and a moderate crowd, which made things easier. The water was crystal clear and so glassy it felt like surfing on silk. Great session!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home