Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day


The south swell filled in on Sunday and I planned a morning session with Art. We brought out longboards because I thought the surf would have been considerably smaller than what we later experienced. Waves turned out to be waist to shoulder high, and a mid-sized board would have worked great. I really enjoy surfing with Art, he's solid and experienced.
I paddled out without a leash, which helped me to deal with thick kelp in the inside, but forced me to surf more conservatively on the bigger sets. I focused on the left, catching more waves than the outside pack. A few good surfers were out this morning, especially one guy (I saw before) who switched boards with his friend and showed great style on a short 70's single fin as well as on a traditional log . Another glassy session in San Diego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home