Monday, June 11, 2007

Flash From The Past


Patrick called me up for an early session in Mission Beach, just south of Kingston Court. It felt like being back at the house. We used to wake up at 6:30 AM and paddle out at dawn.
We were the morning crew back then. It has been nice to reconnect with my old neighbor. Lots of memories resurfaced. Patrick came with 2 visitors who never surfed before. It was quite interesting to see the poor guys struggling with the infamous Kingston "death pit", the classic inside close-out that punished so many beginners along the years. I could have surfed a short-board but I thought the surf would have been way smaller than waist high. I showed up without a leash, which kept things interesting given the frequent close-outs. I surfed well and when a big-ass stingray cruised by my board I realized we are already in full season for those ominous creatures. They haven't got me in 14 years and I know it will happen one day, but I always make sure to reduce their chances to a minimum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home