Sunday, July 08, 2007

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine!

Charley and Ari in Pacific Beach.

On Sunday morning Ari and I looked for surf. We ended up paddling out in Solana Beach. Conditions were not clean by any mean but we managed to have a lot fun. It was sunny and fairly windy, which translated in choppy and crumbly conditions . Water temp. was around 71 degrees. The wind swell delivered occasional head high peaks. We spent about 2 hours in the water, dialing into a nice right-hander in front of the life-guard station. The sandbar was working great and we had some fun waves, 30/40 yards from the outside. Board of choice: 6'8" Shros Egg.
We decided to check the Cliffs afterwards, but once we got there we realized the swell was too weak for the Point Loma reefs. We stopped at People's in Ocean Beach for a veggie meal, before heading back to PB. Then we decided to skate to Mission Beach, all the way to the old house at 3363 Ocean Front Walk. On the way back I realized I'm almost 40 years old and my knees are not that happy with skateboarding after all! Meanwhile Ari was banking off driveways and cruising effortlessly throughout all sort of intersactions! The surf looked messy but sort of fun. We grabbed our boards and we decided to paddle out in front of the old house. We drove to MB and parked in front of Lido Court, then we bolted for a quick sess before sunset. We had dolphins, sea-lions and pelicans hanging out in the line-up. We talked about the good ol' days in Mission. What a fun day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home