Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Huntington Pier

The first solid summer swell hit Huntington Beach this morning. I snuck out of the office at 2 pm to snag a few ones before heading down to San Diego. The pier was consistent, with a few sets in the 8 foot range. I paddled out on the 6'3" McCoy. The current was outrageous, and it was almost impossible to keep position in the line up. I caught a few ones, but I couldn't get into the big sets. I still don't like this spot and I don't think I ever will. The sandbars are not that great and I don't like the unpredicatable pattern of beach breaks. Ari called from the Malibu coast after a session at County Line, ready for a second round at one of his favorite spots further south. He was stoked. I wish I could have been up there this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home