Saturday, July 07, 2007

Visitors

Swallow-tail butterfly exploring the California poppy patch.

Pacific Beach. Bird of prey resting on the west fence on Saturday morning.
The transformation of a bare backyard from a pile of dirt into a thriving garden has been a great thing to witness; it was carefully planned and someone could say it was to be expected. But what about wildlife? That's something I was hoping for but with no certainties, given the urban location of the house and the traffic around the neighborhood. Saturday morning we had 2 new visitors and I thought they were both way cool in their own way. I snapped a couple of shots for future memory.
Early in the morning I had a quick session at Abs. Small and weak, under grey skies.
In the late afternoon my friend Ari visited and, as expected, we regressed to age 15!!! It usually happens every time we get together for the classic "bros go wild" weekend....which translates in a binge of skating, surfing, and goofing off along the coast without much restrain. We started off going to the movies: Ari insisted in watching the horror movie "1408" based on a Stephen King short story. We had fun, although the movie was kind of weak in my opinion. We planned for a surf the following day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home