Monday, August 13, 2007

Nocturnal Visitors


Late summer requires some work in the garden. Sages need to be pruned back, aloes require some cleaning and aphids are still something to keep on eye on. Caterpillars can become your worse nightmare (mine for sure)! I spent the whole weekend fighting the battle; I had some casualties (Lupinus albifrons is gone), some wounded (Salvia apiana) but I feel confident to say that the worse is behind, and fortunately the Ceanothus seems to be in really good shape.
The garden doesn't look great at the moment but it should recover in the next 2 months.
California poppies finished their cycle and they have been removed.
This weekend I was able to capture on camera a small opossum! The little creature seems to enjoy hanging on the fence most of the time, driving the neighbor's dog berserk!
No surf to be reported.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home