Sunday, September 23, 2007

County Line

On Sunday I picked up Ari in West LA and drove to County Line for an afternoon surf. I usually don't have high expectations for an afternoon session, which works great in order to avoid any disappointment about sloppy surfing conditions. Once again, my mental conditioning worked great! The usual factors were in place: slightly choppy, overcrowded with the typical LA vibe in the water, and a few added elements to remind me why I don't like County Line. The bikers across the street were in full testosterone drive, i.e. quite obnoxious and loud as they could be! The "stoners" on the bluff were smoking their brains out; and to top it off... a drunk dude started screaming from the top of the hill at every set approaching the point... what a nightmare! Given my low expectations, I was able to get the best out of a few waist-high waves and enjoy my time with a friend, whose company I treasure so much. We drove back in the late afternoon, noticing the distinctive presence of fall in the golden sunlight reflecting on the dry chaparral, and making plans for the winter season. Ari will permanently move back to California in January 08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home