Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day

I opted out for a quick session at the Cliffs before the mob would unleash for Labor Day. I paddled out at 7 am. The session turned out to be quite satisfying. The surf was weak but a few head high sets every 10 minutes or so kept the crowd well spread. A long-board would have allowed me to hang out on the outside peak, instead I had to settle for the left-overs or occasional waves oddly breaking in between. I'm still testing my new board and I had the opportunity to check a few things on some shoulder high rights. Also, the bowling left on the shallow reef was working really well. Today was probably one of the best summer days as far as size and consistency. Many people would love these conditions all year around, especially with water temps in the mid-70's. Around 9 am got really crowded, probably 30 guys out. It was time to bail. I got out of the water and I found out one of my fins was missing. I'll have to replace it; I have no clue how I lost it...I probably hit a thick kelp patch on my last wave...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home