Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rain On The Horizon



I knew about the rain and I knew I had to be quick. At the end it worked out great! The storm turned out to be slow moving and my fears of trashed conditions on Saturday morning were soon left behind. The first quick session at CH had to be short because of the fast rising tide. I was in and out with surgical precision. I caught 3 perfect waves, smooth and glassy, just before the tide started shutting down the reef; waist to chest, perfectly lined up. The ankle is still killing me but I can surf better than the last week. I stayed at the Cliffs for the restoration project and it was great satisfaction seeing the young Torrey pines to be installed. In the afternoon I went for a second session on a dropping tide. It was quite crowded and my wave karma was definetely off. I found myself in the wrong spot most of the time, although I was able to catch a phenomenal right-hander that made my day. It was a pleasure to see the Shros egg smoothly carving into that glassy wall! Some waves were considerably bigger than a few hours before, almost overhead at times. I met Brad and Susan while I was climbing back to my truck...that was quite a coincidence! All in all another great day of surfing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home