Sunday, January 18, 2009

Broken Expectations

Leucadia Sunset on Sunday evening.

" ...Currently, WNW periods are running 14-17 seconds from 270-280 degrees.In SoCal, most west facing breaks in VC, LA and SD are seeing sets running chest to head high with some pluses at standouts. OC is getting shadowed by island blockage, where size is smaller. Most south facing breaks around VC, LA, and SD are seeing sets running chest high with occasional pluses..."

" ...I'd like to first apologize to everyone for the miscalculations in this weekend's swell. After weeks of doldrums, I got a bit too excited when pounding out the numbers on my calculator and Pacific charts. Also, as is sometimes the case, the models did not reflect reality either. Swell though is along the coast now, but as most buoys show this morning, periods are starting to shorten, which will even-outsize more, leaving fewer pluses from this swell as it comes through today..."


(excerpt from Wetsand Surf Forecast)

1 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

I'll say. I was watching Dolphin Tank from the tide pools on Monday morning. It was clean, head high surf with a few pluses. Not as big as expected, but I bet none of the 20+ surfers in the water were complaining.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home